The individual will work on a variety of consulting projects related to geotechnical analysis and design. Applicants must be able to work in locations that feature rough terrain typical of construction sites. The primary responsibilities of this role are to provide support to project managers and perform duties as field representative. Typical assignments include: carrying out subsurface explorations, performing field tests and collection field data and samples, monitoring constructions sites, compiling data and preparing reports.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering with heavy emphasis on Geotechnical Engineering coursework (M.S. in Civil Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering preferred);
- 0-2 years of practical geotechnical engineering experience (internship considered);
- E.I.T preferred;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Working knowledge of common geotechnical engineering software tools;
- Ability to become proficient at using firm’s field testing equipment, including nuclear gauge, and other equipment;
- Ability to prepare accurate daily field and boring logs as well as other types of reports and meet required deadlines for completion;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A flexible working style and an ability to work independently and with teams;
- Strong analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Willingness/ability to travel;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Field and office work, as required.
We offer employees competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment and your efforts will be recognized through a competitive compensation program.
We offer employees competitive salaries, medical, dental, life insurance, short/long-term disability insurance, and after one year of service a 401(k) Retirement Plan.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.